Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening & The Struggle


Title: The Awakening & The Struggle
Author: L.J. Smith
Series: Vampire Diaries (Book 1 & 2)
Genre: Young Adult



This is actually two books (The Awakening & The Struggle) bound as one. There is also a second book (The Fury & Dark Reunion). Recently L.J. Smith also decided to start another group of books in the series, I haven't read those yet, but based on what I see online, I think they're the same but different.

Now these stories were published in the 90's, and I know Twilight came after that, but the resemblances are immense.

Vampire Boy tries to live life as a high schooler.
Vamp Boy eats animals instead of humans.
Vamp Boy is from early 15th Century, dresses nice and is a real gentleman.
Vamp Boy thinks Girl smells really good, ignores her and is mean to stop himself from draining her.
Vamp Boy has change of heart when Girl almost dies.
Vamp Boy and Girl fall in love.

Sounds familiar right? Things that are a bit different? He feeds off her (although it doesn't kill her), Vamp Boy (aka Stefan) is battling his brother who likes to feed of humans.

Personally, I enjoyed this book, not as much as Twilight, but I still really liked it. I felt the ending/preview for next book, was way easy to predict. Either way, I am eagerly awaiting the end of my time on the wait list for the next book.

Apparently CW to pick it up for a show.

No comments: