Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fish Out of Water


Title: Fish Out of Water
Author: Mary Janice Davidson
Series: None
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Mary Janice Davidson's Fish Out of Water was a quick read. So quick that I finished it during my prep period and lunch period today at work. It's about 275 pages, but the spacing seems large and it just goes quick.

The book is about mermaids who have shown themselves to the human public. They can morph their tail into human legs and have telepathy. I thought that this seemed like an interesting story. It was also in the romance section.

Let me say, the romance of the story? None. The female character (who is half mermaid half human), Fred, has two men vying for her attention. Artur the Prince of the Undersea Folk (the PC of mermaid), who seems like an awesome guy who she is with most of the book. However, there is no romance there, it's more a hey want to marry me? I'll think about it, well okay! Then choice 2 who is Thomas, a human marine biologist who she lusts over but can't have. When I say lust let me clarify, I mean barely warm lusting. He seems not to care for her and appears mostly indifferent. Then BAM! The end of the book where he confesses his love, she breaks it off with Artur and gets engaged to Thomas. Sorry if I just ruined the end of the book, but I personally don't think it's worth much of a read. It was a short amusement for the day, the only book I brought.

No comments: