Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Heart of Fire


Title: Heart of Fire
Author: Kat Martin
Series: Heart Series (Book 2)
Genre: Romance



The second book in the Heart series, Heart of Fire was almost as intriguing as the first one.

Corrie, a friend of Krista's from book 1, attends her sisters funeral. It has been said to be suicide, and it appears she also drown the 1 month old illegitimate son she had. Corrie doesn't believe it, and sets out to learn who her sister's murder was and get revenge. The top of her list is Gray, the Earl of Tremaine.

Gray's late wife also died in a drowning in the same river, and the home where Corrie's sister had been staying is only a skip and a jump away from Gray's home.

Corrie hatches a plan that requires her to play a distant cousin of the Earl's who had barely any money and has been left by her husband. Gray doesn't quite believe her, but doesn't know what to believe.

They of course start to have feelings for one another and everything seems to come to a head when Gray finds out Corrie's true identity.

I enjoyed this second installment and look forward to the third (and final I believe). I find that no matter when I read a trilogy, I fall hard for the first book and find the ones after that good, just not to the same degree. I'm not sure if it's me as a reader or something that writers who write trilogies have in common. I'm banking on me as a reader.

No comments: