Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Bride

I'm been going through some rough times and have decided to fall back to my favorite type of books, the ones that until recently I was a bit fed up with. The type of books? The scripty, beautiful cover, mushy, historical romance novels. I picked up Julie Garwood's the bride based on another websites review.

Jamie is the fourth child of her father, and treated a bit like Cinderella. She, however, feels like this is a totally normal thing and that of course the youngest daughter should take care of her family. She is also English.

Alec is a Scottish laird and has been ordered by the king to marry Jamie or one of her sisters. He of course chooses Jamie for both her spirit and her beauty.

The Scottish ways of Alec and his clan and the English ways of Jamie clash and in the beginning of living in Scotland, Jamie accidentally creates a few wars with other clans, which really never come to head but are fixed in an interesting way.

1 comment:

Jill said...

*Sigh* I think between high school and college I read every one of her novels. I also enjoyed Judith McNaught - felt that they had similar writing styles. But that's the whole historical celtic book girl in me :).