Thursday, March 12, 2009

Secret Desires of a Gentleman


Title: Secret Desires of a Gentleman
Author: Lauar Lee Guhrke
Series: None
Genre: Romance



Two books I chowed through in one day. They obviously were both good books in my opinion.

Laura Lee Guhrke is an author I've never heard of before. I picked up her book because it was a romance novel in the NEW section of the library (New as of 11-08). Boy was I not disappointed.

Secret Desires of a Gentleman introduces us to Maria (who wants to open a pastry shop....as do I some day. I was hooked) and Phillip. Maria wanted to elope with Phillip's younger brother when they were young teenagers. Phillip, of course stops them because Maria is the daughter of their family cook, while his brother is a peer.

Fast forward 12 years and Maria happens to buy a shop next to where Phillip (and brother) and living. We learn that Phillip and Maria have always had a little thing for each other, although when they meet again that is not immediately evident. Of course over the book, it becomes very much so.

A wonderful Cinderella like story. I'm going to look for more books by this author.

No comments: