Sunday, January 9, 2011

Darkfever


Title: Darkfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever Series (Book 1)
Genre: Paranormal/Romance



In anticipation of Shadowfever, I have started to reread (again) the Fever series. It has been a year and a half since I read the series last, and I want to be ready when the conclusion comes out.

You can see my previous reread post of Darkfever here and the original here. You can look for a description of the book there. I'll just post a few things that stuck out to me this time around.

I felt that the book seemed to be getting to the point where it seemed dated. It has a copyright of 2006. At one point Mac says that her cell phone doesn't have texting capabilities or a camera. What phone doesn't have those things in this day? I laughed a bit as I thought back to myself in 2006. I had a pink LG Chocolate phone and had just started texting. I did so little that I paid per text instead of having a plan. Compared to now, when I have a Droid. There was something else that also said dated to me, but I can't recall what it was.

Every time I reread a description of Barrons, I get a wake-up call. I don't know why, but I don't imagine him at what age he is described as. Darkfever puts him at about 30 and of course very attractive. For some reason, when I imagine Barrons I don't imagine him correctly. I think of him as a little older than that (well let's be realistic, we don't know much about Barrons, he could be over 100 for all we know). I know he has this sexual tension with Mac, and I don't envision him as unattractive, but I don't think of him as drop dead gorgeous either.

I did some searching online and he seems to be compared to Gerald Butler. I will remember that now.

I think this is one of my all time favorite series. I have a very light touch with my books. The spines are never broken, pages never bent. Pick up any of my books and they look brand new. They always have that stiff book feeling. I noticed while reading Dreamfever that my book has started to feel worn in. It is still in excellent condition, but the pages are a little less crisp, the book a little easier to open. It may be the most read book of my collection.

No comments: