Monday, August 10, 2009

Darkfever


Title: Darkfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever Series (Book 1)
Genre: Paranormal/Romance



This for me was a reread. I read this October last year. The fourth book of the series is coming out a week from tomorrow, and I wanted to be refreshed before I read it. My original review of the first there is here. I like these books enough that I own the entire series, for me sometimes that is saying a lot.

This book is the start of Mac's story (obviously). She learns of her sisters death and heads out to Dublin to figure out who killed her. The police haven't gotten any leads and closed the case, but that's not enough for Mac.

When she gets to Ireland she starts seeing odd things. Creatures that shouldn't exist, double vision and other oddities that she can't explain. Eventually this leads her to Barron's Books and Baubles (perhaps where I came up with the blog name...) where she meets the Barron himself. There is something odd about him but she just can't put her finger on it. The two of them then go on a hunt for Fae objects and the deadly book, pissing off way to many people in that world.

Reading this book for the second time was interesting. I started adding to my collection of "What Makes Barron Odd...What IS He?!" Mac tells the story as though she is looking back on time and since I feel like I know "future Mac" this was an interesting way for me to read it this second time around. Since I know enough about the Fae world from reading the books already I also feel like I was able to pull some more information together because initially I wasn't so confused.

Not all books are as good the second time around, but this one was well worth my second read. Next up is Book 2 - Bloodfever.

No comments: