Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lost in Your Arms


Title: Lost in Your Arms
Author: Christina Dodd
Series: Governess Brides (Book 5)
Genre: Romance



I was a bit worried about continuing the Governess Brides series because the three original ladies have all been married off. I thought it seemed like it was suppose to be a trilogy and Dodd hit a roadblock so continued with the series when it should have ended. I discovered book 4, In My Wildest Dreams doesn't exist at my library, and I didn't want to buy a book without buying the entire series (a bit of an issue with me) so I just skipped it and moved onto book 5. I do think that it did feel like a different series though. The only importance of the Distinguished Academy of Governesses is that it's name is mentioned a few times, that's it. She doesn't even come from there.

Our heroine is Enid MacLean. She was married almost 9 years ago to a husband who left her after a few months, and in major debt. She is a companion to an elderly woman who she adores when she gets the news. Her husband has been found and he's on the brink of death. They want her to come and nurse him back to health.

As much as she doesn't want to leave her current charge, she is persuaded to go, but she doesn't go happily. The memories that she has from her husband are nothing like the man who is lying in the bed before her. But he has the exact same green eyes.

In addition to it all, someone wants to kill them both and they begin a crazy journey across Scottland to get home.

A bit predictable - but a highly enjoyable story after all. Sometimes I think Christina Dodd can't go wrong. I eat up each one of her books with delight.

No comments: