Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goddess of Spring


Title: Goddess of Spring
Author: P.C. Cast
Series: Goddess Summoning (Book 2)
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Carolina is a middle aged bakery owner who just found out she owes the IRS a lot of money. She's decided to do something to expand her bakery to make more money to pay them off. She finds a Goddess Cookbook and follows the ritual, which includes making a offering to a Goddess, to make a new type of pizza. Near the end of this ritual a Narcissus grows on a tree. Lina smells it and is whisked away to trade places with Persephone.

Persephone needs to grow up and her Mother has concocted the plan of Lina and Persephone switching places for 6 months. Lina wall travel to the Underworld to bring joy to the undead while Persephone will try and breathe new life into the bakery.

The story then follows pretty much only Lina and her Underworld Adventures. On her way to meet Hades, she meets a young spirit who she adopts as a keeper of sorts. Then she meets Hades.

Who would have thought that he could be a romantic love interest? And a fabulous one at that. This book blew me away. I had gotten it from the library once, but returned it before I read it. Boy, I didn't know what I was missing. Hades is a majorly lovable (yet often gruff) character. So many interactions between he and Lina made me laugh out loud, or sometimes burn with lust. I also enjoyed all the contractions that were made from the mythology stories that I already knew.

No comments: