Sunday, June 13, 2010

Savor the Moment


Title: Savor the Moment
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: Bride Quartet (Book 3)
Genre: Romance



Laurel, the pastry chef for Vows, likes Del, Parker's brother. She thinks that Del views her as another sister and couldn't have feelings like that for her. One day in a moment of frustration, she kisses him, and he kisses her back.

They decide in a very adult (and slightly unemotional way) to try out dating for a month (without sex) and see where it goes. See if they can move past their past "label" and become more to each other.

I felt that the story overall was severely lacking in conflict or essentially plot. Couple kisses, decides to date and then BAM! One day Del asks Laurel to marry him. Sorry if that was a surprise.

I looked forward to this book more then any other in the series and I felt a little disappointed in it. Although I might not enjoy the descriptions of photos or flowers from the previous stories, I LOVED reading the descriptions of the cakes. I cannot wait to pick out a wedding cake when that day comes. I wouldn't say it was a bad book, just simply non-eventful.

A rather uneventful book, although come November, I'll pick up the fourth in the series and hope that it can redeem itself.

2 comments:

Jill said...

This disappoints me, as I was also looking forward to reading it.

Jen said...

It was a decent enough story...I'll give it to you to borrow next time I see you (Tomorrow?)