Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fiery Cross


Title: The Fiery Cross
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Series: Outlander (Book 5)
Genre: Historical Romance/Time Travel



Jamie, Claire and everyone else on Fraser's Ridge are living out their lives fairly normally. There are a few marriages, a few new babies and of course a few deaths. There is another war/skirmish that doesn't really amount to much in the way of wars.

I had a very hard time getting through this book. Not as hard as I did the first time I read Dragonfly, but pretty close. The only thing that kept me going was already knowing the characters and being invested in what happened to them.

I felt like there was little plot line in this book and was just a little of this and a little of that. There were parts that went VERY slowly, yet a few short parts that I loved as well. I think my biggest issue with this series is I don't really want to read about the war. I much rather hear the love stories and stories of families.

There is a big surprise, well it was big to me - I cried. But I don't want to share it and ruin the story.

Aside from the few parts that warmed my heart, this was a disappointment in the Outlander series. I hope that she can redeem herself in the next book.

No comments: