Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bed of Roses


Title: Bed of Roses
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: Bride Quartet (Book 2)
Genre: Romance



Emma is the florist for Vows. She is a hopeless romantic and wants it all. Her big dream is to have a moonlight dance in a garden with the man she loves.

Jack has been around the family for years. As one Parker's brother's best friend he knows all the girls and is almost like a brother, except to Emma. Jack is an architect and has a few issues with people invading his space. He goes through girlfriends quickly, but still seems like a nice guy.

During a wedding at Vows, Jack takes a leap and kisses Emma. The two have been yearning for each other all of these years and a romance breaks out between the two of them. It's an interesting pairing when Emma wants it all and Jack wants to keep her at a distance. Eventually this comes to a head and the two have a major fight and "breakup."

The book couldn't end this way, so eventually after everyone has calmed down they reunite and Emma gets her Happily Ever After

This book definitely brought out the hopeless romantic in me. It had me dreaming these amazing dreams where I was being whisked away to far away places (Stowe, Vermont) and having incredibly romantic vacations (Here). I've never been there before, but always have wanted to go and those pictures stayed in my mind and came to life.

Aside from that, the book was decent enough. I don't remember enough about the previous book to remember if it was better or the same. Sometime there would be paragraph long descriptions of the flowers, which makes sense that's what she does. But I cannot picture many of the flowers that were used. I also felt like maybe Emma was to simple of a Character. I noticed this when talking about her above, I really didn't know what to say about her.

Still a good book, and Nora Roberts remains a favorite.

I am very excited about the next book. It revolves around Laurel, who is the Pastry Chef for Vows. I love cake and would love to make wonderful cakes. I really would like to go to Culinary School. This makes me wait for those paragraph long descriptions of cakes :) Unfortunately, it looks to be released May 2010. This may be a long 6 months.

No comments: