Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Reality Bug


Title: The Reality Bug
Author: D.J. MacHale
Series: Pendragon (Book 4)
Genre: Young Adult



Veelox!

Veelox reminds me of a thought I use to have when I was younger. I use to wish that you could have a contraption at the end of your bed where you could both program what you would dream about and record what you dream. Sometime I have such wonderful dreams that I wish to go back relive them or check for more detail. This is almost what Veelox is like.

On Veelox there LifeLight. This is an area where people get hooked up to machines and can actually "live" what they are thinking about. The problem with this is no one wants to live real life anymore. Bobby meets Aja the Traveler from Veelox and her acolyte. Bobby gets to learn first hand what LifeLight is like. Aja thinks she has the perfect solution - a bug/virus that will make everyone's jump (dream) less perfect and more realistic. Her hope is that people will start to come out of LifeLight when the perfection is gone.

Unfortunately, Saint Dane has his hands in things and not everything goes to plan...

No comments: