Monday, October 5, 2009

The Darkest Whisper


Title: The Darkest Whisper
Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld (Book 4)
Genre: Paranormal Romance




I read the first 3 books in the series about a year ago, and they blew me away. There are very few books that as soon as I finish reading at the library I feel the need to drive to the bookstore and buy. This series was one of them, possibly the only one I've ever felt that way towards.

Darkest Whisper was the first book that we got the chance to follow one of the Lords of the Underworld who was part of the second group of them. They had split at one time into two groups because of a difference in beliefs, they are now back together.

Sabin is the keeper of Doubt. His demon, obviously, plants doubt into people's minds until they just can't handle it anymore. This leads him to having a hard time holding onto a girlfriend. They eventually all kill themselves because they're so full of doubt. But Sabin has met his match!

Gwendolyn the Timid, whose is part Harpy. The two make an interesting match as they learn each other's quirks and following on the path to finding the relics to lead them to Pandora's box.

Usually when I read a series I feel super connected to the first book's characters and the rest are okay, but not as wonderful. I cannot stress enough how much I've enjoyed every book in this series. I'm anxious to read book 5 - Aeron, the Keeper of Wrath.

No comments: