Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Lost City of Faar


Title: The Lost City of Faar
Author: D.J. MacHale
Series: Pendragon (Book 2)
Genre: Young Adult



At the end of The Merchant of Death Saint Dane took the flume off to Cloral. Uncle Press and Bobby had no choice but to follow him, while Loor went off to her own territory.

Cloral is my personal favorite territory and with it one of my favorite Travelers, Spader. I think that this may also be D.J. MacHale's favorite territory because when I met him and he signed my book, he signed it Hobey Ho! Which is a phrase that is used often by Spader and in Cloral. It's also Uncle Press's favorite territory.

Cloral is a world that has no dry land. It is all water and the different cities and whatnot are created on floating barges. They have the most advanced and awesome technologies that revolve around water. I just love this place :)

Of course Saint Dane is trying to tip Cloral during it's time of chaos. He is helping to poison the underwater crops that the world depends on for food. To stop him Uncle Press, Bobby and Spader follow clues left by Spader's Dad to find an ancient city that is thought to only be a myth.

No comments: