Monday, October 5, 2009

The Merchant of Death


Title: The Merchant of Death
Author: D.J. MacHale
Series: Pendragon (Book 1)
Genre: Young Adult



The Pendragon series is another of my ultimate favorite book series. If you haven't read it - you should. It's a fantasy series that in my mind surpasses even Harry Potter...by a lot.

Bobby Pendragon is going about his normal 14 year old business, getting ready to win the championship at his basketball team, having a first kiss with a girl he's had a crush on forever and then his Uncle Press shows up.

Uncle Press convinces Bobby that he needs his help, for what he doesn't say. The two take off and jump into a flume because they are Travelers. They take off to a Territory with scary Bear like quigs. Bobby needs help to save the Milago from the Bedoowan. Sound confusing?

A whole world (well several) come alive in D.J. MacHales writing. Each of the 10 books visits a different Territory where Bobby had to save it at it's critical turning point. I waited and waited for the 10th book to come out and bought it the morning it did. Of course at that point I was reading so many different series that I had gotten from the library that I didn't have time to read it properly. Now that I do, I'm starting with Book 1 and reading through to the end. I read the books several years ago and I want to be fresh when I read 10. It's always interesting to go back and read books that are early on in a series. I keep picking up new information or innuendos that I never did the first time around.

Next up, one of my favorite territories, Cloral!

No comments: