Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kiss of Snow


Title: Kiss of Snow
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changling (Book 10)
Genre: Paranormal



Sienna Lauren defected from the Psy-Net with the rest of her family. She is a cardinal X and no cardinal X has ever lived past an age of twenty-five. It looks like she's getting closer and closer to synergy, which will cause her to burst into flames and consume everything around her and herself.

Hawke is the alpha of SnowDancer and has been attracted to Sienna since she showed up in his territory. Unfortunately, she was too young then, and he think she's still too young. There is a large age gap between the two. Hawke also lost what he thought was going to be his mate at a young age and is sure that he could never mate.

There is more uproar between the Psy and Changelings and it comes down to a full scale war in San Fransisco and surrounding areas. Being Alpha, Hawke is right in the middle of it.

Hawke and Sienna did a lot of dancing around each other for the book and I loved their relationship. Every time I read another Changeling book, I am reminded of how much I love the series. Something about Hawke and Sienna's relationship really reminded me of my own relationship and I spent a majority of the book fading in between the two relationships. It was an entirely different type of reading experience. I don't know if it was something that author did that many will feel in the story, or how close their relationship seemed to hit to my own.

This was the story that I have been waiting for the most, and I was not disappointed. Time to wait until 2012 for the next book in the series. I mentioned in December that I had thought I missed book 8. Looking for it, I still don't see it in my blog. Oddly enough, it's sitting on my bookshelf and I can't remember if I read it or not but I feel like I did. Looks like a good way to fill the gap between now and 2012.

No comments: