Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Seduce A Sinner


Title: To Seduce a Sinner
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
Series: The Four Soldiers (Book 2)
Genre: Historical Romance


At the end of To Taste Temptation Melisande was sent by Emeline to watch over Lord Vale, Jasper. Melisande, of course, has been in love with Jasper for years, yet nobody knows (but maybe could guess).

The beginning of To Seduce a Sinner finds Jasper getting ready to get married. Unfortunately his betrothed, has decided that she is in love with someone else, so he lets her go. He wasn't in love with her, but viewed it as more of a marriage of convenience. He is still in the church when he is approached by Melisande. She proposes marriage to him. He figures why not, and a scant three weeks later the two are married.

Melisande cannot wait for their wedding night, but is left a bit disappointed at Jasper's lack of finesse. It's another story about the upper class man worrying about hurting his pure wife. Melisande decides that this simply will not do, and sets about to seduce her husband.

I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters and their sparring. One thing I could have done without was the story of Spinner's Falls. After two books in the series I've figured that this need to find out who had betrayed them must be the common thread. Honestly, I'm done with that. I could care less who the traitor is (well, I guess I'd like to know eventually). I skimmed over these parts because it seems to be the same thing over and over. Thinking about the traitor and never really getting any further along.

It was another decent book that isn't too stand out aside from being slightly above average. I do enjoy, however, Elizabeth Hoyt's writing and am looking forward to the third book in the series, minus the Spinner's Falls portion.

1 comment:

Jill said...

So I totally picked up this book and started reading it and then remembered thinking that it might not be the first book - so I come back to your blog and lo and behold...maybe I should go find book 1 ;-)