Sunday, January 31, 2010

Storm of Shadows


Title: Storm of Shadows
Author: Christina Dodd
Series: The Chosen Ones (Book 2)
Genre: Paranormal



Aaron is one of the Chosen Ones. His gift is that he can turn himself into a dark mist and basically be invisible and get through anything. Awfully helpful in his job as a thief.

Rosamund is a librarian, who studies ancient texts and artifacts. As we find out later, her parents were both murdered by the Others.

Aaron meets Rosamund when he goes to her for help on finding a prophecy. When he finds out that the Others have also made contact with her to help THEM find the same prophecy, he whisks her away to Irving's house and the rest of the Chosen Ones.

From their they are led on a wild chase around the world: Casablanca, Paris, and the Sacred Cave. They eventually do find the prophecy, and it sets up the rest of the series.

I enjoyed this book more then the first one in the series. I don't know if it was the characters, my personal state of mind or the fact that I already knew the characters and had an easier time getting into this book. I usually find that I like the first book in a series the best out of all of them, this will not be the case in this series.

If they continue to get better as it goes on, I am anxiously awaiting the next in the series - which as of current I can find no information on.

No comments: