Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Storm of Visions


Title: Storm of Visions
Author: Christina Dodd
Series: The Chosen Ones (Book 1)
Genre: Paranormal



Sometime around the early years of mankind, a pair of twins were born. Their parents were perfect, and when the parents found out their babies were far from it they abandoned them and left them for dead. Fortunately both babies were saved, although by different people. One grew up to be good and one grew up to be the dark side.

From then on, all abandoned babies are brought either to the good side, the Chosen, or the bad side, the Others. This had been going on for hundreds of years until we are in present day.

The most recent group of the Chosens are prepping to be basically inducted into the group. They all have different abilities such as mind control, a seer, and many others. As they are meeting each other a huge explosion happens at the center building of the Chosen ones. All die with the exception of the newbies who have no idea what they are up against.

While learning all about this new world and the new Chosen group, we meet Jacqueline, the seer, and Caleb, who is not a Chosen one, but one of their bodyguards. The two have quite a crazy history together and seem to have a love hate relationship.

I've read many other Christina Dodd books before and I've always liked them, this one, however, I felt a bit disappointed with. I thought the story line didn't have a very high dramatic point and we didn't really get to know the main characters. I also felt like I was thrown a few too many new characters initially, and even now after I'm done with the book I'm having a hard time knowing who is who.

I will most likely finish the series (which is currently being written) for no other reason then I already own the first two. I had Borders Bucks to spend, and felt like I couldn't go wrong with a Christina Dodd. Maybe the second book will be better since I've some handle on who the characters are.

No comments: