Friday, July 17, 2009

Rules of Attraction


Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Christina Dodd
Series: The Governess Brides (Book 3)
Genre: Romance



The third book in Christina Dodd's Governess Series is Rules of Attraction. We meet the third woman, Hannah, who started the Governess School. In Rules of Attraction, Hannah decides to sell the school and take a job as a companion to a Lord's Aunt.

She has ulterior motives for taking this job, she doesn't know much about her past and thinks that the answers are going to be wherever it is that this job is. When she gets to the job she finds out something quite interesting. The man who has hired her happens to be her husband, the one she married 9 years ago and ran from after only 6 months of marriage.

The rumors say that Dougald (Lord/Husband) murdered his previous wife, so no one suspects Hannah. That is except the person who is trying to kill the both of them.

As far as the series goes, I felt that this story fell short of the first two. It didn't have the passion between the main characters (in my opinion) and the plot was merely mediocre. The two seemingly have little interaction until the end of the story when they are reconciled. I would probably still read it because it's part of a series and I like to read things in order without missing any books. But I did feel it was lacking.

Book 4 in the series is In My Wildest Dreams. I'm not sure how it ties into the series because the 3 who started to school are the first 3 books and the school has also been sold. I know the woman from the fourth book goes to the school, but I almost feel as if it should have been part of a different series. We shall see.

No comments: