Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Barefoot Princess


Title: The Barefoot Princess
Author: Christina Dodd
Series: The Lost Princesses (Book 2)
Genre: Romance



I am amazed at how many books I read and usually I am pretty good at remembering what I've read so I don't tend to read too many books twice (unless on purpose). I was maybe a chapter into the Barefoot Princess when I realized I've read it before. I didn't even realize then that it was part of a series. Although looking at the flashbacks and references in the book I wonder how I didn't know.

We meet Amy, the headstrong princess who definitely does NOT want to be a princess. She is merely 19, and decides to kidnap the marquess due to his inattentiveness on his lands that she is living. She gets away with it and keeps him chained into the basement of the home she shares with an older woman.

Amy ransoms the marquess's uncle for money to return him unharmed, but the uncle refuses to pay. He's been wanting to kill is nephew all along and thinks this must be the perfect way to get it done. Unfortunately for him, the two ladies have no intention of actually killing the marquess.

I enjoyed the story, although I had already read it before. I reread it in hopes of catching any clues I may have missed before, and indeed I did. I loved when he carried her through the Wedding arch in a pagan wedding. I knew that it was in this book and looked forward to it the whole book.

Looking ahead we have Sorcha's story, The Prince Kidnaps a Bride.

No comments: