Monday, December 22, 2008

Tribute


Title: Tribute
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: None
Genre: Romance



I am a Nora Roberts fan, I believe I've written all (romance novels) that she has written. I usually love them all, but this one, was disappointing.

Tribute follows Cilla, a washed up child star, as she moves into her grandmother's (who was a very popular movie star back in the day) abandoned home in a rural area. It is an accepted fact that the grandmother committed suicide but when Cilla finds love letters in the attic from that time, she's not so sure anymore. Cilla meets her neighbor Ford who lives across the street and his so ugly he's cute dog Spock. The two weather through the mystery of who the unsigned letters are from, and finally what really happened to Cilla's Grandmother. And of course, being a romance novel they are engaged by the end.

I don't know what it was about the story, it just didn't grip me and pull me in like she usually does. Perhaps it was less developed because it's a stand alone book instead of a trilogy. But either way, reading this was a straight and boring line, little excitement and it took me a while to read it because I just didn't care.

No comments: