Friday, December 5, 2008

Cutting Loose


Title: Cutting Loose
Author: Susan Andersen
Series: Sisterhood Diaries (Book 1)
Genre: Contemporary Romance


I picked this book up because it was in the "New Books" section at the library. It's by Susan Andersen. This was a contemporary romance book and takes place in current times. I felt that the story was okay, but overall the book was simply mediocre. I probably would have stopped reading it, but it was the only book I had with me at work, so I continued to read it.

The story is of Jane and her two friends Ava and Poppy (who I'm sure will have books later). The girls had very different up bringings and backgrounds but are the best of friends. When their childhood friend, an older wealthy lady, dies she leaves them all of her belongings and her mansion. They decided to have it updated and hire in a family owned company to do exactly that. This is where Devlin - Dev, comes in. He and Jane are just immediately attracted on one another and decide to try the no strings attached thing, but being a romance novel obviously that doesn't work.

My biggest issue with the story is Jane and Devlin have very little interaction until two thirds through the book when they hop into bed together out of the blue. In addition to that, they have a fight later on in the book that again, seems forced and fake.

The next book is indeed Poppy's story entitled, Bending the Rules, and comes out this summer.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I feel like I've read a book just like that before. The lady dying, house leaving, guy fixing, trilogy thing. And it definitely wasn't this one. Hmmmm...now it's going to bug me.