Thursday, August 18, 2011

Much Ado in the Moonlight


Title: Much Ado in the Moonlight
Author: Lynn Kurland
Series: MacLeod (Book 9)
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Ghosts, Time Travel



At the end of My Heart Stood Still Thomas decides that he thinks Victoria and Conner should meet, and maybe drive each other a little crazy. Thomas "gives" Victoria his haunted castle for her to do a production of Hamlet in with her troupe. She sends them all over to Scottland and soon starts having ghostly encounters.

She and Conner meet and seemingly effortlessly fall in love. Victoria, much like her brother, needs to go back in time to save Conner from before he was murdered.

Even though there is a book between MHSS and MAM, I am glad that I read them one after another. It seemed like a fantastic transition between the two couples. I was, however, left with a little lackluster feeling in the romance department between Victoria and Conner. Where with most of the other couples I have felt the longing, I just didn't feel it between these two. I also felt that Conner wasn't the same gruff Conner that we met in MHSS. This is not to say I didn't enjoy the story, I just felt it wasn't as superb as the rest of the series.

That being said, I'm done with the MacLeods and on to the De Piaget.

No comments: