Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Warrior


Title: My Warrior
Author: Glynnis Campbell
Series: Knights of de Ware (Book 2)
Genre: Historical Romance



Holden de Ware, the middle brother, is in service for the King. He is currently working to establish each of the border clans for England.

Cambria Gavin, is the daughter and heir to her clan. Her father has taught her as he would a son, how to hunt, swordsmanship and how to read. She isn't happy that her father is making a bargain with England, but she'll deal with it. When her father is brutally killed, she immediately starts to distrust all of the English soldiers.

Cambria and Holden have a lot of back and forth between their two keeps, kidnapping one another or holding each other hostage. They decide that the only way to keep both of them safe and their clans happy is to marry. The marriage is to be in name only, a political move.

Cambria is such a spitfire, although there were a few times when I wanted to strangle her for her stubbornness. I did feel like their back and forth went on a little too long. I think that is a trait of this series. Whenever I think the book is going to be over, something else happens that keeps the two main characters apart.

That did lead to a very interesting story, however, that would not let me put it down.

No comments: