Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Champion


Title: My Champion
Author: Glynnis Campbell
Series: Knights of de Ware (Book 1)
Genre: Historical Romance



Linet de Montfort likes to think of herself as of noble blood and a lady. She would have been, except her father fell from his family's grace when he married a commoner and had Linet. When Linet's father was disinherited, her mother left him right after Linet was born. Because of these circumstances, it was drilled into Linet by her father never to trust nor fall in love with a commoner. She made him a promise on his deathbed.

Duncan de Ware, wants Linet from the moment he sees her standing up to a Spanish Captain to take goods to pay for what was stolen from her. Linet picks the most nasty of all Captains, so Duncan decides he must be her knight and keep her safe. He portrays himself as a humble gypsy, which with Linet's distaste for commoners, just rubs her the wrong way.

The two go on quite an adventure across the seas and into another country, with Duncan constantly providing and saving Linet's life, while she betrays him at every turn.

I found this book hiding in the back of my closet from high school. I couldn't remember what the story was about, so decided to give it a go. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised by the gem I unearthened. The story is full of action and twists around every corner. I couldn't put it down. This really helped me in the tail end of my slump and I'm grateful I found the 2 other books in the trilogy with it!

No comments: