Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Gathering


Title: The Gathering
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkness Rising (Book 1)
Genre: Young Adult



I can't believe I didn't read a single book for the month of May, I don't believe that has ever happened to me before. I just felt like there was nothing I really wanted to read. I was in a slump. But back on track.

The Gathering is the first book of new Trilogy Darkness Rising, it is connected to the Darkest Powers Series. It is the same world, but in The Gathering we are introduced to all new characters.

Maya lives in a small town which is a bit odd. There are less then 200 people in the town, everyone knows everyone and they are not even found on a map. The town was founded and is continued to be populated by a company: The Edison Group.

Everyone has something special about them. Maya is really good with animals, her best friend gets "vibes" about people. All the students are required to be part of something extra curricular, and they are all good at something.

New to the town Rafe, takes an interest in Maya and the two start getting closer as the town seems to start getting more weird.

I love Kelley Armstrong's worlds and was trying my best to figure out what was going to happen throughout the book. I had several good ideas that panned out, but also a few things that threw me through a loop. I have my suspicions on what may be happening in the next book in the series, and can't wait for it's release so I can confirm or dismiss my suspicions.

No comments: