Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Misguided Angel


Title: Misguided Angel
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Series: Blue Blood (Book 5)
Genre: Young Adult




Jack and Schuyler are continuing their search for a hidden gate. This takes them on adventures around the world and wondering who they can trust.

Mimi is named the Regent and has to deal with the exposure of vampires and the burning of some more fellow classmates.

Oliver is trying to live his life without Schuyler and creates an interesting bond with Mimi (one I personally would like to see explored more)

We are also introduced to a new character, Deming Chen, a Venator brought in to help with the deaths. She has the ability to see what we would call auras, and looks like she's going to play a part in the next book as well.

This book is quite short and honestly, when I was done I felt like I had learned little and was slightly confused about what I did learn. As I've mentioned in the past, I feel like this series has so many turns and surprises that it is difficult to give it a good review without a bunch of spoilers.

I see why this book may be essential to move the storyline along, but of the series this was quite forgettable. I am excited about the next book, however, which is suppose to revolve around Jack and Schuyler's bonding.

No comments: