Monday, March 8, 2010

Succubus Dreams


Title: Succubus Dreams
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Georgina Kincaid (Book 3)
Genre: Paranormal



Georgina is a succubus. A succubus with a boyfriend. This creates lots of sexual frustration. The two refuse to do anything more than light kissing for fear that Georgina will steal some of his soul and shorten his life. Seth is a famous author, and a likable character.

Georgina has recently been plagued by dreams that depict her as a typical housewife with a young girl. She knows they can never be anything but dreams, because succubi cannot have children. Every time she wakes up from this dream her power is drained away. She spends the book trying to figure out why it is that her power is draining during this particular dream. It is difficult especially when no one really puts much credit in her loosing power.

Add to that mess a brand new succubus that seems to be so bad at it she can't even get laid. Georgina has to mentor her, and she's not the best mentor. She hasn't even read the handbook.

I have been waiting for this book FOREVER. Since October 2008 to be exact. My library was a little slow in acquiring the book and eventually I stopped looking. Imagine my surprise when I looked the other day and they had not only Succubus Dreams but also the fourth installment, Succubus Heat.

I thought the story was intriguing overall, but am livid at the ending. I hope that it gets better in book 4. I still can't believe it, I just never saw it coming.

No comments: