Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Soldiers of Halla


Title: The Soldiers of Halla
Author: D.J. MacHale
Series: Pendragon (Book 10)
Genre: Young Adult



Saint Dane thinks he has won. Uncle Press always told Bobby that he could not truly triumph over Saint Dane until Saint Dane thinks he has won. This is the chance for Bobby and all the other Travelers.

We learn the answers to all of the questions. Who the Travelers are, where they came from and why they have all these weird "powers" as well as why Saint Dane seems to have more. I'm not going to lie - it's a little out there.

Sure, I can take flying through time and space to territories where Cats are the humans and humans are pets, to territories that can live through Lifelight - but the answers to being a Traveler have me thinking it's far fetched. Ha.

This is the final battle. I enjoy that it takes part on several different territories - Third Earth, Cloral (yay!), Denduran, Eelong...maybe others. I like that we got to see a little more from each of the Travelers who didn't play such a big roll (Elli and Kasha). I thought it was a good ending to the series.

And I cried...twice. Once when the Travelers were saying their final goodbyes to each other, and once after I closed the book. It's over. I've been reading the Pendragon series since late 2006. That's three and a half years with the series and it's over. I can't help but feel sad that I will not hear anymore from Bobby Pendragon - Traveler of Second Earth.

No comments: