Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Branded By Fire


Title: Branded by Fire
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changling (Book 6)
Genre: Paranormal


DarkRiver sentinel, Mercy is one tough lady. She is one of the few dominant females in her pack and she's worried what that may spell out for her finding a mate. She doesn't really feel like she's met the right guy for her, but he's been under her nose the whole time.

Riley comes from SnowDancer, and something about Mercy rubs him the wrong (although right at the same time) way. She is always trying to dominate over him and they always push each others' buttons.

Leopard and Wolf? This makes for an interesting pair.

There was a bit of a Psy story to it as there usually was, but for some reason it didn't really stick out for me in this book. I feel like it was skimmed over and the chapters devoted to it to me just dragged. I couldn't wait to get back to Mercy and Riley's story.

I read the first five books in the series a few years back and it was actually the first post I'd ever made on this blog. Imagine my shock when I realized that I had ignored this series for so long that TWO new books had come out for it.

I forgot how much I love this series. The author writes with such a hot intense burning passion for the characters. After scenes I'm often left breathless. The first chapter in Branded by Fire to me was so intense. These books are just amazing, I cannot believe I let them go for this long.

No comments: