Monday, June 8, 2009

Vision in White: Bride Quartet Book 1


Title: Vision in White
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: Bride Quartet (Book 1)
Genre: Romance


I had my eye on this book a while back and was waiting and waiting for it to be released. Then I simply forgot about it until a few weeks back when I was at Target and saw it there on the shelf. Being Nora Roberts, I had to buy it to add to my bookshelf :) Shortly after that my life was a spinning disaster and I had other library books I had to read first. Luckily, I finally got the chance to read it over the past few days.

The basic premise behind these books is a group of four female friends that run a wedding company. Each woman has a different role in the company. Mac, who Vision in White is about, is the wedding photographer. We also meet Emma, Laurel and Parker, each of which will be the main character in one of the following books.

Mac has a screwed up relationship with both her parents. Her mother bleeds her dry for everything she needs and makes sure that the world revolves around her. Mac's father isn't in the picture. Needless to say this sets her up for some screwed up visions of what her love life should be. When she gets close to someone she wants to run.

Along comes Carter, a man who she went to high school with but never really saw. Carter has always had a crush on her, but now it's as a grown man. The two hit it off and things go wonderful. Of course Mac tries to screw it up due to the parental issues mentioned earlier.

I thought the book overall was okay. It has only gotten three stars on Amazon, and I can agree with some of the posters that it wasn't one of Nora's better books, but I still highly enjoyed it. Usually after I read her books I feel like I am left waiting to read the next installment because I've fallen so in love with the characters and stories she's created. This time, it was over (with a mediocre ending in my opinion. Sorry to ruin it, but I wanted a wedding, they do after all run a wedding business. Perhaps this will show up later in the series, or maybe the ladies will have a 4 part wedding) and I closed the book and was done with it. I didn't even read the little excerpt from the up and coming.

Bed of Roses is Emma's story. She is responsible for the flowers for the weddings. The book is released December 2009, and it will be on my Christmas list.

No comments: