Thursday, December 29, 2011

Catching Fire


Title: Catching Fire
Author:Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games (Book 2)
Genre: Young Adult



After winning the Hunger Games with their Berry move, Katniss and Peeta are going on a tour of the Districts. But before they can go, Katniss finds out that they are in major trouble. The Capitol, and namely President Snow, don't like being made the fools. President Snow even makes his own personal visit to Katniss to remind her to make sure that she looks like a fool in love - because he doesn't believe it. He threatens her with her family and friends.

When the tour begins, everything in the districts seems to be a bit tense. It seems that Katniss's move in the Hunger Games has made the districts want to rebel. The Hunger Games this year are the 75th Hunger Games. Each 25 years there is a little yellowed note that is read to determine what the extra twist is going to be. Imagine how horror struck Katniss is when she learns that this year, the Hunger Game "contestants" will be the victors from previous years. Since she's the only girl from District 12, it looks like she's going back in.

Twisted me - I like when they are in the Games. I think that's why I enjoyed the first book so much and this book got better to me once they were in the games again. Aside from that Katniss has turned a little wishey washey and seems to not really know what to make of most things. I feel this book is a little dirtier, with everyone having lived a little and not being so naive. In my mind Gale never has a chance against Peeta - it's clear to me as a reader. But I hate this in between, Gale doesn't like me anymore stuff. I want more Peeta!

It was another page turner and you could just feel the rebellion growing. I know that in book 3 all hell is going to break loose.

No comments: