Saturday, September 25, 2010

Burned


Title: Burned
Author: P.C. and Kristin Cast
Series: House of Night (Book 7)
Genre: Young Adult



At the end of the last book, Zoey’s soul had shattered and she followed Heath to the Otherworld in pieces. Burned was the story of how her friends helped her get her soul back together and return from the Otherworld.

Steve Rae imprinted on Rephaim, the head Raven Mocker and #1 son of Kalona. Their relationship in this book seems so sweet to me. I love seeing Rephaim’s good side and how he tries to battle his naturally bad self for Stevie Rae.

Overall, I was sorely disappointed with this book. So far I’ve enjoyed each of the House of Night installments, but this one (I can’t believe I’m going to say this about a fictional Vampire story) seems a little more far fetched. I think one of the things that was missing was Zoey’s normal character. She was present in the book, but only as a slip of herself in the Otherworld.

The next release is Awakened.

No comments: