Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Sea of Monsters


Title: The Sea of Monsters
Author: Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Book 2)
Genre: Juvenile Fiction



The Second Installment of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians is The Sea of Monsters. It didn't disappoint and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first one. I think this is fast becoming a favorite series of mine and I just wish there was going to be more than 5 books in it.

Upon looking at the cover, initially and throughout reading the story I am amazed at how much is shown, although you'd never know. When checking it out half way through I notice things that I hadn't noticed during the first glance before I started reading it.

Percy meets a homeless boy, Tyson, who is taken in as a charity case at his current private school. Percy is his only friend and often gets picked on because of it. Monsters attack Percy's school and he and Tyson run away to Camp Half Blood with the help of Annabeth and Grover. When they get there everything is crazy. The enchanted tree that helps keep the camp safe is dying and the borders are relaxed. Chiron has been dismissed and nothing is the way it should be. Of course it is up to Percy to save the day yet again.

We meet several new gods this time including Hermes.

The minute I put this book down I picked up the third and started reading it. They truely are an engaging and wonderful story that is hard to leave alone.

No comments: