Friday, February 25, 2011

The Immortal Highlander


Title: The Immortal Highlander
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Highlander (Book 6)
Genre: Historical Romance, Time Travel



Adam Black is a fae that we've met in many of the previous stories in this series. He tends to play the bad guy, but every so often seems to surprise us with an act full of compassion. I was highly worried that I wouldn't like his story because of what a "bad" guy he was portrayed to be. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.

He has meddled in the lives of humans once too often and royally irritated his Queen. She strips him of most of his powers, rendering him human and places a curse on him so he cannot be seen by humans. This leaves him to live a solitary life, with no interaction but a lot of luxuries.

Gabrielle is a Sidhe Seer, she can see the Fae. It is a burden and she must pretend that she cannot see them. There would be dire circumstances, including death, if the fae realized she could see him. She happens to stumble upon Adam and can't help but stare because he is so beautiful. When he realizes that she can indeed see him, he decides that she is going to help him get to his Queen so she can reverse his punishment.

I really fell for Adam and his treatment of Gabrielle. He treated her like a princess, giving her only the best. I love how protective of her he became. The ending and his ultimate sacrifice just blew me away. I admit - I got a little misty eyed.

No comments: